Unlike the rest of the world, who seem content to publish their “best of” lists in mid-December, I can never really get my head around it until the year is over, which is why this post comes as my first of 2014, rather than my last of 2013.
This post will also be my last of 2014, as I’ve decided to shut down 70/day/wknd. Don’t worry – it’s me, not you. All the classic reasons apply: I’ve gotten busy with work/school and blogging has become a bit of a drag, so no hard feelings here.
But before you and I part ways, take a minute to check out some of the albums in 2013 that got me going.
10. CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe
9. AlunaGeorge - Body Music
8. Disclosure - Settle
7. Fear of Men - Early Fragments
6. Charlie XCX – True Romance
5. Young Galaxy – Ultramarine
4. POSTILJONEN - Skyer
3. Janelle Monaé - The Electric Lady
2. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
1. Sam Fermin – Sam Fermin